Welcome to our FREE Application 101 guide!
We know that the college application process is often daunting and confusing. Competition for great colleges continues to intensify, and you have limited time to put together a stellar application to somehow encapsulates 18 years of hard work and personal growth.
So what should you try to highlight in your application? What do colleges expect to see? What are important considerations to keep in mind as you put together your application?
We created this free 101 guide to help you get started.
What This Guide Covers
In this free guide, we review major sections of college applications (based on sections in Common Application) to give you an overview of the application landscape, including:
- Education – courses, grades, GPA, test scores
- Extracurricular Activities with special breakout for Volunteer/Non-Profit Work
Each section includes insights from our application and admissions experts and commentary on what admissions officers are looking for. Sections are broken down into:
- What It Is – what information the section covers
- Bare Minimums – expectations from colleges
- Subtext – what sets your application apart
- It is Important to Note – additional considerations
- Key Takeaways
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are looking for additional guidance, check out our full college application guide: The College Application Blueprint.